Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fire Fighter To The Rescue



My husband and I were invited to a cookout this weekend and part of the reason the cookout was held was to help raise money for a couple's sixteen year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma. They are facing financial need and so we all thought we would help out. The hostess had tee shirts made for the fund raiser and sold them for $20. I made a set of Fire Fighter cards (since most of the guys there were firemen) and donated them to be sold as well. I'm sure there will be more of these fund raisers down the road. I am so thankful for healthy children but I know that that can change at anytime. I pray for Shelby and her parents to get through this trying time as fast as possible and without any serious side effects.

yamaha rhino class action


1 comment:

Jenny Adams said...

Hi debbie - thought I'd pop over and say hi - really love the sound of this lovely day out and please give my good wishes to Shelby and family - my daughter had Hodgkins Lymphoma when she was 18 - just finished high school and about to go to uni - Tell Shelby she is fabulous now after treatment. Look forward to catching up at Ustamp,
Bye
jenny in australia