Thursday, October 28, 2010

Matthew's Birthday Card

So my son turned 25 this year. I just can't believe he's that old because I still think of myself as being 25 until I look in the mirror. Then I wonder who is that? Hmm she sort of looks familiar. Oh my gosh. That's me! When did I get old or I should say older? Do you feel that way? I forget my age until the arthritis starts acting up or I try one of the new funky dance moves and my back starts aching. This old stuff is for the birds. I like moving and shaking and doing things. I just don't seem to have the energy that I once did and my body is constantly reminding me of that. I do try to stay as active as I can. I walk the dogs everyday and get out of my seat at work as much as possible. I hate to say this but my biggest comfort in all this is that I am not alone!!!! I have so many friends that are in the same boat. And then I have some younger friends that help me feel like I'm not ready for the rocker just yet! So where am I going with all this? Oops, I was talking about my son's birthday! See? Another sign of aging. Going off the subject. Anyway I made him this card with Pedaling Past because he rides and races bikes. He is the best son and I am so proud of the young man he has become. He moved out last February and I really miss him. He lives in the same city so I do get to see him from time to time. Thanks everyone for listening.

I am in the middle of getting three rooms ready to be painted this weekend. So I probably won't get to post another card until maybe Sunday. Have a Christmas card class early Saturday morning too. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments: