Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Whew! I've Been Busy.

Today I sat down for the first time in a few weeks to stamp. I have all these new stamp sets and Designer papers and I was a little bit overwhelmed as to what I was going to play with first. I chose my paper first and selected the Pocket Full of Posies (ashes, ashes, we all fall down!) and cut up a sheet of each into 5 1/4 x 4 inch pieces. Then I pulled out all the colors that were suggested by Stampin Up and played around with them. I decided to use one of the new sets out of the catalog, Creative Elements. I tore my paper and sponged it with Early Espresso and added brads and ribbon for finishing touches along with a pearl on the butterfly.


So where have I been for the past week or so? In California! I flew out there with my 80 year old mom to surprise her baby brother for his 70th birthday. My uncle Richard was so surprised to see not only my mom but his older brother Dino as well! We all flew in from the east coast and so he was so overwhelmed with happiness. It was fun listening to the three of them talk about their childhood and their parents. And then if you have ever been around Italians when they get excited, you know you will need earplugs! OMG. They would get so loud and then the rest of us would have to quiet them down. Too funny. While I was there, my uncle took us down to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. I can honestly say, I wasn't too impressed but it was fun and a day out with the gang. What I really didn't like was riding on the interstate. Just give me a blindfold and let me know when we reach our destination! Yikes. So back home now, it took me a few days to get back to "normal". Traveling back and forth with time changes was hard but I hope I can get some time in to stamp a little more before I go back to work next week. So hope to see you back here soon!

1 comment:

Ka Slagoski said...

Hi! Just want to stop in and leave you a comment. I loved the card above. Never thought about the idea of tearing it and then inking it to achieve the aged look. That is just too cool!!!