Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Convention "Gibbs" Sistas!!

I'm back from Convention and one of my highlights was meeting up with my
"Sista", Di Gibbs. A while back I had chatted on line with her and asked her if she
knew that my maiden name was Gibbs (of course not but you never know with
Cullen followers!!!). Anyway, she said no but did I know that her maiden name was
Fox. She is so witty and just as cute in person as she is on her blog. So full of energy
and talent and it was fun to meet her. Just wish we had more time to sit down and
chat but maybe next year!!! Well I got back to Virginia Beach after one o'clock this
morning. Spent yesterday traveling across the country and hanging out in airports
with one of my best friends, Linda. We took a couple of extra days after convention
and did some sightseeing in Utah. It is a beautiful area. Loved being surrounded by
mountains. Something I don't see everyday. Today I unpacked, did laundry, bonded
with my dogs, and caressed all my new stuff I brought back from convention. Shirts,
apron, tote bags, pens, paper, and of course new stamp sets. One of the biggest
surprises for me was when about 20 minutes before convention closed, Shelli Gardner,
the CEO and founder of SU gave everyone there a Christmas stamp set from the Holiday
Mini, along with Christmas DSP, a stamp pad, and some of the new glass glitter, also
found in the new Holiday Mini. It was so much fun seeing the SU employees come out with
shopping bags with our goodies in them and giving them out. I felt like I was on the Oprah
show. So much fun. I have lots of new ideas and card swaps and hundreds of pictures of
card ideas. OMG the samples and presentations were unbelievable. I hated to see it end but
I don't know if I could have absorbed anymore fun. I am already looking forward to regionals
in Baltimore and hopefully Leadership this year. I hope you had a good day.

1 comment:

Diana Gibbs said...

Hey sista,
It was so great to finally meet you.
Thank you for all my goodies, I am already using the dish cloth. Love it! I also love the smell of the Twilight antibacteria stuff. I have not played the game yet, I just love to look at the tin!
See you at Leadership!
Love,
Di